"Metropolis" - centerspread from the original 1927 French Pressbook

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Seven Samurai

This was proabably the best movie we have seen so far. For a 1954 foreign action, it seemed pretty well done. The facial expressions and exaggerated movements seemed comical. I wonder if those things seemed comical when it was originally released. The strange bald wigs were very cheesy and I would bet they seemed cheesy in 1954 also. I didn't realize it was so long....until about an hour and a half into it, I looked to see where the cursor was and unhappily slumped back on the couch. My boyfriend gave up on it after 2 hours...and he likes action movies....normally. I had to endure the rest of it alone. It really dragged on. Most of the action was in the last hour, but by that time, I was just waiting for the time to pass. It could have been way shorter.

No comments:

Post a Comment