"Metropolis" - centerspread from the original 1927 French Pressbook

Saturday, October 23, 2010

just watched eraserhead

Call me crazy, but where are the normal films? I don't get these types of films. I didn't really understand it, and I just kept waiting for it to be over. I don't see the purpose.
I guess this was sort of like a science fiction, dreamlike movie. It didn't make any sense. I definitely prefer more reality based films.
I suppose from this I need to ask myself, what can I appreciate in this film? I have to think hard to come up with something....maybe the way the lighting was done - simple, black and white with very dark areas and specific lighting...or possibly the way the music was used - in the beginning was more interesting music wise. Hmmmm what else? Certainly not the story line. Possibly it was a dream of this guy, because it didn't make any sense at all at least not to me.

1 comment:

  1. I got to the mutated "baby" and my husband was laughing too hard that I couldn't get past it without laughing myself. =___=

    ReplyDelete